Wednesday, November 08, 2006

For MY Consideration


Yesterday I stayed and "worked" (at the Film Society) on the sneak preview of "For Your Consideration" by absurdist and silly director/actor Christopher Guest. It turned out to be a mob scene. Among the guests: Noah Baumbach and his girlfriend Jennifer Jason-Leigh, a former Disney CEO, Parker Posey, Christopher Guest, Eugene Levy, Catherine o' Hara and other peeps I didn't recognize. The film was amazingly funny, campy, cruel and fresh. My fave character was Catherine O' Hara's....


Tix were expensive... $75 for members and $90 for non-members... but the theatre was full. I guess it was like a private party. I wouldn't even pay that much to see my favorite band. The most I've paid for a show was $75 (The Strokes concert at the Hammerstein Ballroom on a very very cold night when I naively thought I could get cheap tix from re-saler dudes).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home