Thursday, August 24, 2006

Barcelona

I've been living in New York for two years now and I've always felt on vacation. There's so much to do and so many things to see that I never get bored. Nevertheless, New Yorkers do take time off especially during the summer. They have The Hamptons, Fire Island, Jones Beach, Virginia Beach,Montauk,Upstate N.Y., etc...
Since that was not so alluring for me (and I was lucky) I ended up going to Barcelona for three days. This vacation was not a relaxing one... jet-lag, airport stress with visas, walking and a ridiculous amount of alcohol.

Ok, why lie, I did have a GREAT TIME. This is what I did:
1. Stepped out of the plane...stress and disorder to get to customs.
2. Helped an American girl from Kentucky (she needed to hail a cab, didn't know spanish)
3. Hailed a cab to my friend's house (Calle la Marina #181 in front of La Monumental)
4. Dropped off bags, walked to La Sagrada Familia, took pics and rode the double decker turistic bus.
5. Pictures, Pictures, Pictures...the weather was beautiful, nice and sunny.
6. Got off at Las Ramblas and had a bocadillo and a beer.
7. Window shopped at Las Ramblas (I don't like the spanish clothes...)
8. Stayed at my friend's house smoking, drinking and playing Scategories.
9. Woke up, went to check out the market, the cathedral and hung out at the beach (La Barcelonetta).
10. Went clubbing (hate electronic music, but it was Susy's b-day)
11. After-hours at some Argentinian's apt. in the Gothic Neighborhood.

12. Woke up kinda late, has some amazing albondigas and went to the Museo de Arte Contemporaneo Barcelona.
13. Beach time! Paella, calamares and wine... yum! Ramblas...
14. Woke up at 7:30AM... tried to figure out the subway to get to the airport. Gave up and took a cab.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home