Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I'm not crying...



I'm not crying
It's just been raining
on my face.
And if I am crying
It's not because of you
It's because I'm thinking
about a friend of mine
That you don't know
who is dying.
That's right dying.

These aren't tears of sadness
because you're leaving me.
I've just been cutting onions
I'm making a lassagna
for one.

There's just a little bit of dust
in my eye.
Dust from the path that you made
When you said your goodbye.
I'm not weeping because you
Won't be here to hold my hand.
For your information there's an
inflammation in my tear gland.
I'm not upset because
you left me this way.
My eyes are just a little
sweaty today
They've been looking for you,
even though I told them not to.
These aren't tears of sadness
They're tears of joy
I'm just laughing
Ha, ha, ha ha, ha

I'm sitting at this table called love
Staring down at the irony of life
How come we've reached
this fork in the road
and yet it cuts like a knife.

I'm not crying!

by Jemaine Clement and Bret Mckenzie creators of THE FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home