Thursday, November 09, 2006

Dia:Beacon

But I forgot to write about the highlight of my weekend. I took a day trip to Beacon, NY to visit the Dia:Beacon museum. My friends and I took a 12:55 Metro North train from Grand Central Station to arrive at 2:30PM in Beacon. The ride was extremely pleasant because the train tracks ran along the Hudson River so we got to see Fall's splendor. Awww, I'm getting cheesy... The museum was open till 5PM and we got to walk around it's enourmous galleries that were build in a 1930's carboard printing factory. Half of the art work was produced specifically for the museum and it's vast space. If you hadn't had enough of Sol Lewitt, Warhol, Bruce Nauman, Dan Flavin, Richard Serra, Louise Bourgeois, among others (that recnetly had shows in one of the big five museums or one of the big three Chelsea Galleries) do visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home