Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Rockit...yeah!


Get your booty on the floor tonight, make my day. - Technotronic



On Monday night I went to the Latin Film Festival. They opened with Renee's film, "Sueno". Brett and I got to the Union Square Cinemas and there was Regina waiting for us. I imagined she had change a little, I had not seen her for almost a year, but it was as if I had seen her yesterday. I wonder if I have changed along the course of this year. We met with Renee and John Leguizamo inside and sat next to them. After two years of waiting I finally got to see all the effort of Rene and La tuna (Adan, Shaman, Guailo) in this first feature production. I cannot comment on the film cause there are a lot of people that have not seen it and I don't want to give it away. I can just say that I was satisfied seeing my two credits on the big screen (even though they were in small letters almost at the end). Afterwards we all went to the party on a bar at the LES and wrapped up at 1:30AM (early...).

According to the weather channel, yesterday (tuesday) was the hottest day of the year in New York. I woke up early (8:00AM) because I was soaked in sweat. Took a shower and as soon as I stepped out I was sweating again. I gave up and went to work earlier than usual. Waiting for the subway was hell, but as soon as I got in the train I was fine. I am glad that the AC is always at full power! Got to DuArt, "worked" for a while and Regina came by so that we could both go to have lunch with Rene and her dad. In one of the conversations, we talked about Kuwait. Rene's father has been there many times all that talk made me want to go and meet my dad's side of the family, the shut part of my roots. I was not curious about it, but every year I think of it more and more. I have to go there before I reach the age of 30 (in 3 years). That made me think about the Discovery shuttle. So many years preparing for such an important event, and recovering after the loss of Columbia... How far can humakind go? How far can I go? Can I go to Kuwait? It is far, from my budget, from my imagination and from my understanding of a culture. Someday...

Since the heat makes me think of... I recommend some songs to feel sexy, in love or just rockin'

Move This - Technotronic
Darling Nikki - Prince
Evil - Laytron
I turn my camera on - Spoon
Too young - Phoenix
Kyoto Song - The Cure
Underwater Love - Smoke City
I wanna be your dog - The stooges
Lazy Painter Jane- Belle and Sebastian
H.W.C. - Liz Phair
Mr. Gorgeous - Smoke City
Love You - Sondre Lerche
Swimsuit Issue - Sonic Youth
My Curse - The Afghan Whigs
Give it to me baby - Rick James
It's automatic - Zoot Woman


enjoy!!!

P.S. You can also watch "Faster Pussycat, Kill, Kill" directed by Russ Meyer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home