Saturday, September 22, 2007

NYFF 07'

It's been five days since I arrived on Yankee land. This past four months that I've been in Mexico City I've missed NY a lot; my friends, my former job and its perks, the culinary variety, the parties and the cultural activities, but most importantly I miss watching good new movies. Therefore, after noticing that I had an extra $600 bucks on my bank account, courtesy of the Film Society, I decided to pay them back with "work".

My idea of work was to make a blog for NYFF and they were up for it, so I came for the press screenings. Nevertheless, when I got here, and talked to my former co-workers, they told me that things were not going to work as planned. They didn't have 60% of the screeners (which I counted on because I was not going to be able to
check out all the press screenings) plus they idea of web content linked to the filmlinc page was some epk on a pdf.

Nevertheless, I will try to keep my word and review or comment on all the films I
watch in and out of the festival.

Coming up:
The Romance of Astree and Celadon - Eric Rohmer
Before the Devil Knows You're Dead - Sidney Lumet
A Girl Cut in two - Claude Chabrol
Silent Light - Carlos Reygadas
Go-Go Tales - Abel Ferrara
Redacted - Brian de Palma
Leave her to heaven - John M. Stahl
Flight of the Red Ballon - Hou Hsiao-hsien
4 Months,3 Weeks and 2 Days - Cristian Mungiu
The Axe in the Attic - Ed Pincus and Lucia Small
The Darjeeling Limited - Wes Anderson
Secret Sunshine - Lee Chang-dong
The Orphanage - Juan Antonio Bayona
The Man From London - Bela Tarr
Married Life - Ira Sachs
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly - Julian Schnabel
Margot at the Wedding - Catherine Brelliat


Not in the festival:
Fitzcarraldo - Werner Herzog
Run, Fat Boy, Run - David Schwimmer
Across the Universe - Julie Taymor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home