Sunday, September 23, 2007

Across the Universe - Julie Taymor

What a trip! I could not imagine watching this movie after smoking a joint... I would flip out. Since it started I felt this was like Moulin Rouge on LSD. What an amazing production design. I couldn't resist watching this film... even though in the trailer it seemed cheesy I had to go and check it out for myself. I'm not a Beatles fan, but I really enjoyed the music arrangements and I'm planning to get the soundtrack. I'm sure that all the Julliard kids will be singing it and dancing during their breaks at the cafeteria. Since the beginning I could tell that Jim Sturgess, the hottie who plays Jude (the main character) is the next big thing in Hollywood. Also, Evan Rachel Wood does an amazing job, but my favorite is Joe Anderson who plays Max, Rachel Wood's bro in the story. Check out the following songs; Happiness is a Warm Gun (with a Salma Hayek sexy cameo), Come Together (great black vocals, lots of soul), Strawberry Fields Forever (visuals are exquisite) and I am the Walrus (I hate Bono but I loved that psychedelic party scene).

Travel in time, totally worth your dime!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola. Did you see this movie in D.F.? I can't find a showing anywhere! If you know of a theatre that is playing it, please email me! amyoettle@hotmail.com

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home